Baby Massage

I took my nine month old to baby massage today! A baby store here in town offered massage lessons for parents. So I put her in her fluffy pink robe, hopped in the car -- and when we walked in the door announced, "we're here for our massage!" The massage was a lot of fun. I enjoyed getting out and trying something new. There was one other baby being massaged at the same time. The massage therapist had us slather coconut oil all over our hands and then, starting with babies legs, she went through teaching us proper techniques. I can't tell if she liked it or not! With her being a crawler and with so many neat distractions in the store, massaging her was pretty challenging! The other baby was not yet mobile and I was a little envious of her parents! The massage therapist explained that while adults get very relaxed and sleepy during a massage, babies tend to get quite fussy before they 'crash'. I though that was quite interesting and good to know for when I try to massage her at home! The therapist recommends massaging your baby once a day so I'm going to add it to her bedtime routine. We'll see how it goes!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Single Mother In Da HOOD!

Shoesies!!

This Post May Make Some Readers Itchy and Uncomfortable...If So, Please Click the 'X' On the Top Right Corner Of The Screen