We are back in Vancouver to spend Halloween with Daddy. I broke the drive up into two days this time -- not like last time where I insisted I get there in a day. That was a stupid, dumb idea that I will never do again. This time, it was wonderful...
I left home in the evening and she slept for a good hour. Of course she woke up on the top of a summit (not in a nice cozy town) so I pulled over and she played with the buttons on the dashboard for about 40 minutes. She likes the wipers and hazard lights the best. Since it was dark, I had to make sure the lights where off when cars drove by or else someone would surely think we were needing help. Once she started rubbing her eyes I nursed her, put her back in her carseat and then put the petal to the metal. She slept for the rest of the three hours to our family's house!
Then, this morning I left just before her naptime and she slept for an hour and a half -- the time it took us to get to our friend's house. (I would like to point out that her morning naps -- if she even sleeps in the morning, never, ever last more than 45 minutes). I was shocked, and experienced some serious anxiety during the last half of the drive as I did not want to pull over.
Then, after a nice long visit at our friend's, she started rubbing her eyes; so, we hit the road again. I thought there was no way we were going to make it and already had my plan to stop halfway BUT she lasted another hour and a half to Daddy's house! Through construction, jammed up bridge traffic, and my gas light turning on (Mom Rule #1 -- When baby is asleep in the car, never, ever, under any circumstance, stop) she was all zzzzz's. Needless to say, I was cursing at every slow and stupid driver. We got there and she was awake when I went to take her out of her carseat. What timing... Man, she is the best baby in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Single Mother In Da HOOD!

Shoesies!!

This Post May Make Some Readers Itchy and Uncomfortable...If So, Please Click the 'X' On the Top Right Corner Of The Screen