The Play Kitchen Needs Some Love

I've been racking my brain trying to think of what to put in her play kitchen. I know, I know, dishes and food, duh. But, you see, she's only 17 months old and if I put fake food in there she's not really going to understand what to do with it. I mean really, it won't be pretend food to her just fun toys to spread around the house -- not that there's anything wrong with that. When I do put food in there I'm going to make felt food. I'll be sure to take pictures (maybe I'll have a camera by then!). If any family or friends find themselves bored one day, feel free to whip up some felt food for Little One's play kitchen!

In her kitchen now are just the pots and pans that came with it. She loves her pots and will often go to her kitchen and start tinkering with them while I'm cooking. She'll grab one and bring it to me at the sink and grunt to say that she needs some water in it. It is pretty hard to cook without water isn't it? So, I put a little bit in the bottom and watch as she walks carefully back to her kitchen with it (my favorite part). I'll give her a wooden spoon which she uses to splash the water with. After a few minutes I'll hear a "glug, glug, glug" and will turn around to see her drinking the water. If she's not drinking it by this point it's because she's already dumped it on the floor below her. Sometimes I'll add rice as that's fun and safe for a toddler to cook with.

Her favorite thing to cook so far is pancakes -- real pancakes. I'll get out my smallest pan and put it on her stove. Then, I'll make her three mini pancakes and show her how to flip them. She'll try once or twice and then shove them all in her mouth... Too funny. Other times, I'll give her a measuring cup with batter in it. She'll pour it in the pan and mix it around with the wooden spoon.

So, as you can see, I'm having trouble thinking of something to put in her play kitchen. I think I'm just going to hit the thrift store and find mini versions of everything that my kitchen has -- dishes, cutting boards, etc. I'll fill her cupboards right up! In fact, today, I already some wooden bowls and spoons while I was at the grocery store; that's a start! I'll just keep adding dishes and for the food well, we'll just keep using food!

Comments

  1. One of my friends here in Ottawa did a felt food party - she convinced a group of moms to each pick a type of felt food and whip off a big batch. Then they swapped out and now all have a rad selection..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Single Mother In Da HOOD!

Shoesies!!

This Post May Make Some Readers Itchy and Uncomfortable...If So, Please Click the 'X' On the Top Right Corner Of The Screen