I'm a Mommy Again! Yahoo!

Hey y'all, wussup? Remember when I used to post on this thing regularly? That was fun. Well, I think about this blog regularly, I sit in front of my computer regularly, and tonight it looks like I might actually type something.

I'm a stay-at-home Mommy again. I haven't done this since she was a year old (she's four next month!). Anyone who knows me knows that I have always wanted to be a Mommy with four kids, a couple of dogs, a lovely man, a big yard and ... daycare? What the hell is that and why would I want to send my kid there? Well, motherhood wasn't exactly peachy the first time. It was a bit of a disappointment -- playgroups suck, Mom's are judgemental, I was now listed as a 'dependant' on my tax return, being at home with a baby is boring and stressful at the same time, I got called not very nice things for losing my 'baby weight' so quickly (often by women who weren't even fat...and if they were, what did I have to do with it?), and answering "I'm a Mom" to the question, "so what do you do?" is a popular conversation killer. Well, as of this week, I'm at home with her fulltime; she is out of daycare for good! I think I've learned enough to know how to make it a party this time 'round:

~ I found all the cool parents
~ I realize I can't go a day without socializing or I go crazy. We have made a beautiful (cough, cough) calendar, stuck it on our fridge and are cramming it full of playdates -- with the cool parents.
~ I got rid of all my parenting books
~ We don't go to playgroups
~ We bought a pool pass
~ We bought a skipass
~ She's signed up for dance class with her buddy (a high quality one -- they even have musicians rather than a stereo to play their music!).
~ I carry my MP3 player around with me... Seriously, she is four and can fire off 87 questions per minute, ask for something 17 times in a row and although she has a lovely, sweet voice, it's constant. Sometimes, I just need to go away to a happy place for a bit.
~ I have phased out all the unnecessary work that I have been doing (including that degree I thought I could actually finish) and only do the stuff that is exciting to me and has an actual purpose in the big picture.
~ I continually purge all the stuff I don't need; the ladies at the thrift store know me quite well as I dump a carload of stuff on them every week.
~ I drink lots of water, get lots of sleep, and make no plans -- I just go with it.

Anyway, our first week involved:
~ Rock climbing last weekend -- it was rad and I'm hooked.
~ Going to a big BBQ with all our single parent friends. She took off with her new buddies and I barely saw her the whole time!
~ A spontaneous 24-hour whirlwind roadtrip with friends (Picture two Mammas and wine on the patio, two cute, little four year old girls playing their butts off inside the hotel room, and later? ...All four girlies crammed into a queen size bed snoozing away).
~ Swimming. She swam three metres off the wall just holding onto some floating things and kicking her feet. She floated on her front and back, and did some mad jumps off the wall -- she didn't even want me to catch her!
~ Eating organic, fair trade, dark chocolate everyday.
~ Middle of the day cuddles
~ Me napping while she built a farm for her animals.
~ Her making and serving me snacks (since she's four and can do everything herself, I just roll with it)
~ Her reading me bedtime stories because she memorizes them all almost immediately (kids brains are so amazing!), and she also brings my pyjamas to me at bedtime and pretty skirts to me in the morning.
~ She put on her big, big dress and had a party in her room. She taped balloons, shiny play jewelry, stickers and pom-poms (from my socks that fell apart) to the wall -- these were the decorations; then she danced around the house all morning.
~ I did some work, it didn't feel like work.
~ I blogged :)
~ A few temper-tantrums on both our parts -- we're still working out the stress and grumpiness of the past few years.
~ I was reminded that, "it will always work out". Heck yeah!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Single Mother In Da HOOD!

Shoesies!!

This Post May Make Some Readers Itchy and Uncomfortable...If So, Please Click the 'X' On the Top Right Corner Of The Screen