Goodbye Urbania

When she was younger I would write about our days together. Lots of adventures -- we were on a great path. Now, there is no joy in our day. We cry of boredom. She cries of boredom. We live in a community of half a million people -- but everyone is busy. They cancel plans. Children are in activities after school with no time to play. "Mommy, will you please play with me?"  "Ummmm, no?" So the poor dear plays by herself. A lot.

She is amazing though. We throw on YouTube and Grooveshark for our tunes. Once in a while I'll let her play a game on the computer, but she rarely asks.

Tonight she did the stop-go-stop-go-backtrack-go until she had all the lyrics to Ariana's 'Bang Bang' written out. She's going to practice it with her friend this week and then they will perform it for their class.

My kid is rad. Soon we will leave Urbania. It's been seven years -- I truly gave it my all but this life is not for us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Single Mother In Da HOOD!

Shoesies!!

This Post May Make Some Readers Itchy and Uncomfortable...If So, Please Click the 'X' On the Top Right Corner Of The Screen