The 16 Year Old Quilting Project

So here is a fun story:

When I was very pregnant and living very, very far away in buttfuck nowhere, I signed up for a quilting class. I wanted to make Little One a quilt. I hadn't much sewing experience, however, my mom was a seamstress -- so I knew I had it in me.

The class was held over three weekly sessions. It was an ongoing wonder if I would make it to the end or go into labour before that last class. Sure enough, I gave birth to the most joyful human being before I completed the quilt.

16 years later...

This past week, and in a town far, far away from where I started making the quilt, a Repair Cafe came up. It included members from a quilter guild who would be available to mend quilts. I grabbed the unfinished quilt, brought it in and said, "I started this 16 years ago and need guidance in how to finish it." Long story short, I think I just joined a quilters guild and will learn to finish the quilt on Monday!

My kiddo is 16 years old this year. I will gift her the quilt for her 16th. How sweet!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Single Mother In Da HOOD!

Shoesies!!

This Post May Make Some Readers Itchy and Uncomfortable...If So, Please Click the 'X' On the Top Right Corner Of The Screen