Outdoors Everyday: 2 Days Left Until School.

Since our initial trip to the ocean five weeks ago, we have:

Explored the lakes around our house;
Discovered the lakes, rivers, and trails in the mountains;
Had a bear encounter with a friend and friend's kids (she wasn't with me)
I hiked for three hours on the Bayden Powell Trail (with above friend -- where we were informed there was another bear sighted where we were headed);
Tofino Trip;
I got her hooked on the driving range at the family-run Par 3 course;
Saw two beavers and had bats fly above our heads;
We did part two of our summer trip which was going into the interior;
We ran into her grade three teacher on the top of a mountain pass;
I swear I drove past my old boss at a rest stop;
She got to see bestie (who just had the fire evacuation alert lifted the day we arrived);
We met my friend who I haven't seen in a decade -- her kids are cute and fun. They have an awesome backyard;
I waterskied on something called suicide boots, on a real waterski boat, with a couple of dudes, a GoPro and a 7am start... Hardcore;
She got towed behind a glittering Ski Nautique boat on a wakesurf board;
I got up wake surfing;
I fell a half dozen times wake surfing;
I decided I didn't like wake surfing (the water that goes up my head -- and every orifice and nasal passage in it);
Visited another one of my friend's who had an equally fun backyard. Had a Nerf fight.
Hung out with our old neighbour and her fam at their campground;
We camped in our car for one night;
She is skateboarding with her friends;
She mastered a song from Frozen 2 on the piano;
She is creating, selling and marketing her artwork with Aunty S as her mentor...
The boogy board I bought used (because I don't buy anything new) for $5 has seen it's last day thanks to continual and awesome use, big ocean waves and being pulled behind a Ski Nautique boat;
I completed the first module in a year long 'Resonant Healing Practitioner' certificate program with Sarah Peyton;
I learned the beading loom and scored 14 trucker hats from the thrift store to paint.
We returned to the ocean;
Canada earned another Fabulous Fail on UNICEF's latest report on children's well-being...
We are averaging 30 minutes - 2 hours per day on the cell phone/devices;

I set out this summer to keep her active and engaged. Mission = accomplished... Childhood remains alive and well in our world.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Single Mother In Da HOOD!

Shoesies!!

This Post May Make Some Readers Itchy and Uncomfortable...If So, Please Click the 'X' On the Top Right Corner Of The Screen