My New Addiction

So, I’m in the local thrift store looking for housewares for our home renovation project when I come across an Evenflo Snuggli babycarrier. It’s in fabulous condition but with no price tag. I took the carrier off the shelf, brought it up to the counter and asked the cashier for a price. She looked it over, thought a moment and then said, “how about one dollar?” I nearly fell over. Keeping my cool I said, “one dollar sounds good”. I handed her a loonie, tucked the carrier under my arm and got out of there as fast as I could before she could realize she just let me rob her. That was yesterday. Today, I’m in my favorite store of all time – Value Village. I’m scanning through different fabrics and what do I stumble across, mixed in with my future kitchen curtains? A ‘Baby Wear’ sling looking brand new and wanting so badly to go home with me. How much? Three dollars and ninety-nine cents. At this point I’m starting to think someone’s playing a prank on me. I mean really, two slings in two days for five dollars? I raise my head just enough to scan the room and see if anyone’s spying on me. The coast is clear. So, once again, I tuck the sling under my arm, walk nonchalantly up to the check-out, and place it nervously on the counter. What does the cashier tell me? “If you buy four items you get the fifth one free”. I counted my items – four. I’m starting to sweat a little. I’m thinking, “my God, just let me get out of here!” But instead I said, “ok, I’ll be right back.” I beelined for the the purse I had been drooling over earlier, snatched it off the rack and walked briskly back to the till. I purchased my four items, received the fifth free and got the heck out of there. I peeled out of the parking lot, onto the highway and never looked back. Now, I’m at home and admiring my two new slings. Between them I payed four dollars and ninety-nine cents. I now have a new addiction – thrift shopping for baby carriers. Soon, I will have a sling for every day of the week and so far, no one has called the cops on me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Single Mother In Da HOOD!

Shoesies!!

This Post May Make Some Readers Itchy and Uncomfortable...If So, Please Click the 'X' On the Top Right Corner Of The Screen