You Don't Need Chalkpaint, You Just Need To Dumpster Dive.

I've really gotten into the new whitegirl trend -- refinishing furniture. You know how it goes... The trend found me. You see, I don't buy anything new -- as everyone knows. Clothing is from swaps, sewing machine bought on consignment, furniture pulled off the side of the road, art supplies from Facebook Marketplace and house paint? It's from the recycle depot.

There is such good paint being thrown away (can you believe it!). I realized today that the 'Behr Ultra Flat Matte' paint sample I salvaged years ago is actually high quality chalk paint. Anyway, my furniture-flipping days are upon us. And it all started with a kitchen table...

 Followed by a nice chair (before and after)...

Dark wooden kitchen chair with beige cushion


  Four fucking lamps (before and after)...


 

A shelf (otherwise known as an 'entryway bench')...

And now, this 'tea tree' green side table... Paint still drying...


I operate very stealth-like and am limited to when the landlord is not home. Given that they are taking online schooling, that time is never. However, I have found a work shop to work out of and get to take this fucking thing to be sanded on Tuesday! I'm going to completely restain the wood and mural the weird leathery crap in the centre.

 


 

Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoesies!!

The Hundred Languages Of Children - A Poem

This Post May Make Some Readers Itchy and Uncomfortable...If So, Please Click the 'X' On the Top Right Corner Of The Screen